Church Life Summer Institute for Liturgical Music Ministers
Liturgical Music for the Liturgical Year
The Church Life Summer Symposium for Liturgical Music Ministers (formerly called Vision LMM) seeks to provide liturgical musicians an opportunity for spiritual, intellectual, human, and pastoral formation.
Our theme for 2018 is Liturgical Music for the Liturgical Year. Each keynote session will focus on a different liturgical season, inviting participants to delve more deeply into the unique theology of each season and learn how liturgical music can help us celebrate the feasts and seasons more fruitfully.
The Church Life Summer Symposium for Liturgical Music Ministers is for directors of music, choir directors, accompanists, cantors, choir members, instrumentalists—any adult professional or volunteer involved in liturgical music ministry at the parish or diocesan level, or within a grade school, high school, or university setting.
- The Liturgical Year:
Explorations in Theology and Music
- Ordinary Time
- The Feasts of Christ
- The Spiritual Formation of Choirs, Cantors, and Instrumentalists
- The Role of Music in the Liturgical Life
- Jennifer Donelson, Director of Sacred Music and Associate Professor at St. Joseph's Seminary (Dunwoodie)
- J.J. Wright, Director of the University of Notre Dame Folk Choir; composer of liturgical and sacred music
- Fr. Phillip Ganir, S.J., doctoral student in Catechetics, The Catholic University of America; Sacred Music at Notre Dame alumnus
- Diana Macalintal, former Director of the Office of Worship for the Diocese of San Jose; writer and speaker on liturgy, music, prayer, and the catechumenate for TeamRCIA
- Timothy P. O’Malley, Ph.D., Academic Director of the Notre Dame Center for Liturgy and Concurrent Associate Professional Specialist, University of Notre Dame Theology Department
- Carolyn Pirtle, Program Director of the Notre Dame Center for Liturgy; composer of liturgical and sacred music
The Church Life Summer Symposium for Liturgical Music Ministers runs from the evening of July 16, 2018 until noon on July 20, 2018.
- Registrations received on/before April 7, 2018: $450.00/person
- Registrations received after April 7, 2018: $475.00/person
Meals, residence hall accommodations, and materials are included with registration fee.
To register for the Church Life Summer Institute for Liturgical Musicians (formerly called Vision LMM), please click here.
Isaiah's Vision, detail, Donald Jackson, Copyright 2005, The Saint John’s Bible, Saint John’s University, Collegeville, Minnesota USA. Used by permission. All rights reserved.